What is HCDP (Hydrocarbon Dew Point)
Principles of HCDP |
Why Control HCDP |
Specifications for HCDP | Cricondentherm Temperature |
Hydrocarbon Gas Dew Point Curve
Specifications for HCDP
Pipelines use two main methods to specify contractual natural gas hydrocarbon dew points.
- Limit on C5+ or C6+ components by analyzing for:
- GPM (gallons of liquid per thousand SCF)
- Mole %
- Specifying an actual HDP by:
- Setting a hydrocarbon dew point temperature maximum at operating pressure
- Setting a maximum cricondentherm hydrocarbon dew point
In addition, typical pipeline specifications, or tariffs, almost always specify a maximum GHV (Gross or Higher Heating Value), which is greatly affected by heavy hydrocarbons contained in the gas stream.